Resurrection isn’t easy—and it isn’t a one-time event. Jesus returned wounded and scarred. Rolling away the tombs of our pain, our past, our dysfunction, and our complicity in the death-dealing nature of our collective pain takes time and it takes work. This isn’t a shallow hallelujah that we sing.
In Episode 11, Hannah & Eric discuss John 20:19-31, The Disabled God by Nancy Eiesland, and share their own resurrection stories.
Trigger Warning: This post discusses suicide, alcoholism, and eating disorders.
1. Jesus Appears to His Disciples, John 20:19-31 (5:34)
2. Not Alone, Monica Coleman (7:35)
3. Why Resurrection Matters, Monica A. Coleman (8:25)
4. The Disabled God, Nancy Eiesland (10:45)
5. 2020 Iowa ACEs Report, Iowa ACEs 360 (47:56)